The evaluation of leaner’s depends upon various instructional activities undertaken by them. A learner has to write assignment responses compulsorily before taking term-end examination from time to time to complete an academic program. Its very simple . Assignment carries 30% weight age and term end examination carries 70% weight age.
Eg: if you have scored 80 marks in assignment and 70 marks in term end theory paper , your marks in that particular paper will be -
so the total mark in the paper will be = 49+24=73.
Calculate marks of all paper like this . add them and compute your total percentage out 1200 marks. A learner has to submit TMA responses to the Coordinator of the Study Centre concerned to which s/he is attached. A learner should keep duplicate copies of assignment responses of TMA that may be required to be produced at Student Evaluation Division on demand. Term-end examination is conducted at various examination centres spread all over the country and abroad in June and December.
IGNOU Uses the Following System for Grading:
B Very Good
For Bachelors’ and IGNOU Masters’ degree programmes, normally the system of numerical marking is followed, and the marks secured in assignments, TEEs, etc. are later converted into grades as per the five-point grading scale given above. However, if required by the learner, the university provides numerical marks and division (I, II or Pass). Calculating IGNOU result from grade card 2018 is also a tough thing for IGNOU students.
A particular subject (Practical/Theory/Assignments) has its own weight age like 15% of total, 50% of total, 25% of total etc. Although your perception is correct according to your Marking scheme i.e. 70% weight age for theory and 30% weightage for IGNOU Assignments. But according to IGNOU’s official Grade Card issued to students, Decimal values are avoided and the marks are round offend.
IGNOU Grade Card Calculator System with Example:
For example: If someone got 27.1, 27.2, 27.3, 27.4 then on the Grade Card it will be 27.
If it’s 27.5, 27.6,27.7 etc then IGNOU Grade card will have 28.
The Calculation procedure for finding percentage is given in your BCA Programme Guide.
Its 30% weightage for Assignment and 70% weightage for TEE exam for FST and FHS. Eg: If you got in FST: Assignment marks=(88+88)/2=88 so weightage for assignment = 40% of 88=35
TEE marks= 42 so weightage for TEE= 70% of 42=29
So total marks you got is 35+29=64
Similarly for CS courses(without practical) weightage is 75% for TEE and 25% for Assignment.
CS courses with practicals (CS-611, CS-62, CS-63, CS-68,BCS-061 etc) weightage is 60% TEE, 15% practical Exam marks and 25% for Assignment. If you are not BCA Students you can also calculate your percentage by following same procedure.Hope you can calculate your percentage now.
If you are still Confuse then here is the IGNOU Official Address to take response on quesries related to Result, Re-evaluation, Grade Card, Deputy Registrar (Exam-III), SED, IGNOU, Provisional Certificate, Early Declaration
Block-12, Room No. 1, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 of Result, Transcript, etc. email@example.com or Ph. :29536103, 29535924-32 / Extn. : 2201, 2211, 1316
Question : What Is The Procedure Of Calculating Assignment Marks In Final IGNOU Grade Card Calculator?
Reply: Here is the Procedure Of Calculating Assignment Marks In Final IGNOU Grade Card- First of all the average marks is of each subjects are calculated out of 100 of your particular subject. If the required total number of IGNOU Assignments to be submitted is two or three then the best two of your Assignments are considered for calculation of average. For preparing the IGNOU exam final result, 30% weightage is given to a each particular subject.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS
1. The improvement of marks/grades is applicable only for the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes, who have completed the programme. The eligibility is as under:-
a) The students of Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes who fall short of 2% marks to secure 2nd and 1st division.
b) The students of Master’s Degree Programmes only, who fall short of 2% marks to secure overall 55% marks.
2. Only one opportunity will be given to improve the marks/grade.
3. The improvement is permissible only in theory papers. No improvement is permissible in Practicals/Lab courses, Projects, Workshops and Assignments etc.
4. Under the provision of improvement, a maximum of 25% of the maximum credits required for successful completion of a programme shall be permitted.
5. Students wishing to improve the marks will have to apply within six months from the date of issue of final statement of marks/grade card to them, subject to the condition that their registration for the programme/ course being applied for improvement, is valid till the next term-end examination in which they wish to
appear for improvement.
6. No student will be permitted to improve if maximum duration to complete the programme, including the readmission period, has expired.
7. After appearing in the examination for improvement, better of the two examinations, i.e. marks/grade already awarded and the marks/grade secured in the improvement examination will be considered.
8. In case of improvement, the month and year of completion of the programme will be changed to the term-end examination, in which students appeared for improvement.
9. Students will be permitted for improvement of marks/grades provided the examination for the particular course, in which they wish to improve, is being conducted by the University at that time.
10. On the top of the envelope containing the prescribed application form, please mention “APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS’’.
11. Application form must reach within the prescribed dates at the following address:-
Student Evaluation Division,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,